For the Fourth of July Holiday
Swan & Dolphin Hotel
1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour 1-10 inch cake pan.
2. Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Powder .
3. Cream the butter and sugar in mixing bowl with paddle. Add the eggs and
vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the
creamed mixture. alternatively with milk. Stir until incorporated. Pour batter
into cake pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees in oven for about 50-55 min or until cake springs back
when lightly touched.
5. After cake has cooled, cut cake in from the sides into 3 equal pieces
2 Quarts Heavy Cream
8 Tbsp. Sugar
1. Whip sugar and cream until light and fluffy (soft peaks).
Fresh Fruit Needed
2 to 6 pints Strawberries (amount depends on size of bowls or glasses)
2 to 4 pints Blueberries (amount depends on size of bowls or glasses)
Prepare in a trifle bowl or individual glasses. Slice the green top off the
strawberries. Cut some of the strawberries in half and place them inside the
bowl or glass, with the cut edge facing the outside of the dish or glass. Use
some of the strawberries to fill the bottom of the dish or bowl. Layer the dish
or bowl with the remaining ingrediants in the following order: whipped cream;
a layer of cake; blueberries. Continue to alternate in this order until the
bowl or dish is filled. Garnish with the remainder of the fruit and whipped