Boma Chocolate Mousse Crunch
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate
5 egg yolks
2 1/2 ozs. sugar
6 sheets gelatin
4 ozs. Frangelico
4 c. heavy cream
2 1/2 ozs. Feuilletine
3 1/2 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for crunch
2 1/2 ozs. Praline Paste
8 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for spraying
8 ozs. canola oil
4 ozs. Ganache (2 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate and 2 ozs. heavy cream)
4 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for garnish
1. Prepare flexi pan mold, muffin shape.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate for mousse.
3. Whip heavy cream for mousse.
4. Mix yolks with sugar.
5. Soften gelatin in cold water, throw out excess. Mix with frangelico in a bowl and set
on hot water bath to dissolve gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of cream into melted chocolate. Add yolks, then gelatin mixture, and then
the rest of the cream.
7. Pour into the mold, leaving 1/4 inch space on the top.
8. Place in freezer to set.
9. Melt chocolate for crunchy, then add the feuilletine, and then the praline paste.
10. Once the mousses have hardened, spread the crunch mix over each mousse without
unmolding them. Put back in the freezer to set.
11. Once they have set, unmold the mousses and set them on sheet pans.
12. Melt the chocolate for spraying and mix with canola oil. Fill the spraying bottle.
13. Spray the mousses while frozen to create a rough velvety texture.
14. Pipe a dollop of ganache on each.
15. Put chocolate sticks on top to garnish. Makes 15.