1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup 1 % lowfat milk
Whites from 4 large eggs, at room
temperature (save 3 yolks for the sauce)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Brush melted butter in eight ramekins (2/3-cup capacity), or a I 1/2-qt souffle dish. Add 3 Tbsp of the sugar, then tilt dish to coat bottom and sides.
2. Whisk flour, another 3 Tbsp sugar and the cocoa powder in a medium saucepan to blend. Whisk in milk. Whisking constantly, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 2 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat and whisk vigorously until no lumps remain. Cover surface directly with plastic wrap to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until cool or up to 24 hours.
3. Heat oven to 400'F.
4. Beat egg whites in a large bowl on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high; slowly add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
5. Stir about I cup whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold chocolate mixture and chocolate chips into remaining whites just until no white streaks remain. Spoon into prepared dish(es).
6. Bake ramekins 20 minutes, souffle dish 30 minutes, or until souffles are puffed and tops look dry. Serve immediately.