Sweet Pizza with Vanilla Olive Oil
Disney Cruise Line
3 cups Plain Flour
½ Tbsp Yeast
1 Tbsp Salt
½ cup Olive oil
1 ¾ cup water
¾ cup Sugar
2 Mango (thinly sliced with the skin on)
1 Vanilla pod
2 cups Raspberries
1 cup Blueberries
8 Tbsp Toasted Almonds
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
8 Tbsp Mint (shredded and ready to use)
Method of Preparation
1. Sieve the flour, place in a mixing bowl, add the dried yeast and salt, make a well in the center and gradually mix in the oil and ¼ cup of water, mix until a smooth dough has been formed. Let rest for 3 hrs.
2. Add ½ cup of water to a pot, add ½ cup of sugar, boil together to make syrup. When syrup is ready and hot dip the mango in for 2-3 seconds to blanche.
3. Split the vanilla pod and extract the seeds, add to the syrup. Allow to cool slightly, when cool mix in 1/3 cup of olive oil.
4. Add 2 cup of raspberries to small pot, add ¼ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, boil together for 2 minutes, liquidize the mix and then strain in a fine strainer. Set aside to cool.
5. When the dough has been rested cut into 8 even sized pieces, roll into a ball and allow to rise in a warm place until the mix has doubled in size-when doubled in size knock the mixture back, on a lightly floured surface roll the dough into a even sized round pizza shape. Mark the dough all over with a fork and place onto an oven tray or pizza ring.
6. Brush some of the cooled raspberry sauce over the pizza dough, arrange 3 slices of mango on top of the pizza, coat some of the berries with the syrup and sprinkle over the pizza, bake in oven at 350 f for 4 minutes.
7. Take the pizza from the oven, sprinkle the toasted almonds on top of the pizza. Spread the mascarpone cheese around the top of the pizza, sprinkle with the shredded mint leaves. Cut into four even sized pieces and drizzle with the olive oil syrup, place onto the center of a plate.