Pecan Shortbread Cookies with Maple Glaze
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 pound butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1) Mix together the flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in medium size bowl. Set aside.
2) In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Add sugar and vanilla and continue to cream on moderately low speed for 2 minutes.
4) On low speed mix in the dry ingredients, blending just until the particles of flour are absorbed.
5) Add in the pecans.
6) Roll into logs about 2" wide. Wrap in plastic or parchment, and refrigerate or freeze until needed. (These can also be rolled out and cut into shapes.)
7) Slice the logs and bake at 325º F about 40 minutes.
1/2 cup butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp hot water
2 tsp maple flavoring
1) Mix the butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla together.
2) Add in the water and maple flavoring to reach the consistency for pouring or spreading icing.