ZEBRA COFFEE DOME
Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 16 servings
1 pound Milk Chocolate
2 ounces Espresso Coffee
5 Egg Yolks
2 ½ ounces Sugar
6 sheets Gelatin
4 ounces Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups Heavy Cream
6 ounces White Chocolate Ganache
2 ounces Dark Chocolate Ganache
1. Melt milk chocolate.
2. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
3. Mix yolks with sugar.
4. Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
5. Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
7. Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
8. Fold in the rest of the cream.
9. Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
10. Place sponge circle on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
11. Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
12. Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
13. Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
14. Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
15. Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
16. Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.